Saturday, December 12, 2009

For your info


Here I am at 36 weeks. My good friend Kelly, she also took most of our temple pictures, was up and took some great ones. Stacey has them on her computer, but emailed me this one so I could get a post up. I think it looks like I'm hiding a beach ball under my shirt. Hey Syd, remember when we tried to sneak in beach balls at graduation? I guess I just needed to make it look like I was pregnant.

Anyways, this is also an informative post. A few weeks ago, my hospital had a close call with a pregnant woman and swine flu. She almost died and so they upped the security precautions. Only 4 people total will be allowed to visit me at the hospital, and that includes DJ. So far both of our mom's have claimed spots, and Kim is the 4th as long as labor isn't tomorrow. (I don't think it will be) Hopefully everything will go as smoothly as we have planned and prepared for so I will only be there for 24 hours after the birth. But for those family members (all of us right?) who love to hang out in the waiting room, it may not be worth the trip. DJ will be allowed to take the baby to the waiting room sometime while we're there, but again that depends on how the little Monster is doing. We will let you know of course. I also want to warn you that no one under the age of 18 is allowed in the maternity waiting room. I'm pretty bummed, but I understand the need to be so cautious.

We will welcome all healthy family and friends to come visit once we come home from the hospital. Just give us a heads up. Also, if we have the baby this next week, and recovery is good, we're planning on spending Christmas in Moses Lake.

I feel completely prepared. DJ and I completed our Hypnobirthing classes last night. I'm training myself to relax and let nature take control. The next time I post we will be parents to a cute little Redford Berezay!

6 comments:

Amanda Impett said...

You look beautiful. I can understand where the hospitals are coming from. It was the same when my sister gave birth last month. I hope everything goes well for you, and your new little one.

Kevin and Eliza said...

Melissa thanks for sharing your prego picture. You really do look beautiful. Enjoy the little one when the day arrives.

Heslop Family said...

Miss, I do remember the beach balls! You look so great! I hope everything goes well and you have that baby soon, so we can see you guys in ML! You will be a great Mom, I'm so excited for you!

Samantha said...

Melissa I'm so excited for you! I hope everything goes well. My sisters had baby's last month and when their kids came to the hospital they had to look in the window from outside while cali and ash held the babies up to the windows! haha dumb swine flu. You look so beautiful!

Anne said...

When you listen to classical musical you can move with it in your mind. You can do the same with labor pains. When your "in the zone" Picture them as waves. Even thought its tough you CAN ride them and breath. There is a rhythm. Hope that doesn't freak you out, BUT I hope it helps. Works every time for me when I'm "in the zone" I delivered two babies natural.
Good Luck! Give that baby a Big Fat Kiss for me. I love the picture.
-On second thought...Don't worry about it. You'll figure it out!

Renee' P said...

Good luck w/everything :)
Tell DJ I'm excited for you guys!!!
HOpe the birth goes well and you're relaxed!
Definately understand the swine flu precautions!!!