Monday, January 10, 2011

Quirks

Christian has the funniest quirks. He has to watch every single car insurance commercial on TV. His favorites are Progressive and State Farm. He loves to watch Tosh.O, he knows when to laugh. He loves to kick the ball his cousin Ashton gave him for his birthday. He walks most of the day now, when he does crawl its to get somewhere really fast. He puts his heads down and takes off. He leaps after the bread during sacrament meeting. He is a show off. The family sitting behind us during church this last Sunday did not pay attention at all to the meeting because Christian was showing them all his tricks. He will sit down and spend time with a toy. He's starting to figure out what the buttons do, and shows purpose with his play instead of just randomly pushing buttons. He loves to hide in little places, like Mom's lazy susan. Right now he's had a runny nose, so he's been a bit more cuddly. He likes to sit on my lap facing me and nestle his face in. Because he wasn't interested in me right after my surgery, I'm enjoying our re bonding time, and I think he is too. His Dad is still his favorite person. Last night Christian got cold and woke up around 3:30 so I brought him into bed. He was fine cuddling with me until he noticed his Dad. He then had to cuddle with him. DJ left for work at 6 and was able to sneak out. Around 6:30 Christian woke up, realized his Dad was gone, and burst into tears. He was inconsolable for about 5 minutes. I know DJ really enjoys the bond he has with his little boy. A couple days ago we were downstairs with him, and my parents were upstairs. Christian heard them so he went to the bottom of the stairs to wait for them to come down. DJ looked over and said, "He is ridiculously cute." I know everyone feels the same way about their 1 years olds but I really do think I have the best little boy.

4 comments:

Kimberley said...

Tosh-O Melissa? I won't let Trent watch that . . .

Child of God said...

Ha ha, that's so funny. He is the cutest kid. Every time I think of him I think of a shoelace hanging out of his mouth while he's crawling around.

Winder Family said...

4 years is sounding pretty dang good to me too! Can't wait to hear what you are having. :)

Josh and Emily said...

He is getting so big and is SO CUTE!