Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I'm so sorry I'm such a slacker when it comes to posting. But I'll explain the past month so you can understand why.

Most importantly DJ and I got married!! May 9th was the big day. It went perfectly thanks to my parents, DJ parents, Brittany, Kelly, Stacey, Kim, and our family members showing up on time. Our close family friends Mervyn and Brenda came down with their daughter Stephanie. And even though none of my high school friends were able to come, two of their moms came to support. Brenda Goodrich and Susan Byington came over just for the wedding. We got married at 3pm. Afterwards we went across the parking lot to a family dinner prepared by DJ's mom Linda and his Aunts.
This is a picture of everyone who was at the Temple.

This is my hot husband DJ.


This photo is DJ and I coming out of the Temple.

We went to Sandpoint for four days after the wedding. It was so beautiful and our room was perfect. We stayed at a Bed and Breakfast called The Waterford. We highly recommend it. Here are a couple of photos from the honeymoon.
I've also been kept very busy by graduate school. I'm finishing up my last paper for the spring quarter. I'm going to take the summer of to focus on the next thing keeping us so busy, our very ghetto house.
I'm not kidding, here's some more pics!

5 comments:

Jess said...

Oh my gosh, congratulations! You guys are so cute together! I just started our blog so I'm still figuring things out. I think I sent you an invite, but e-mail me if you'd like me to send it again. Good luck with the house and enjoy being together 24/7! Being married is awesome!

Kevin and Eliza said...

Hey I was just looking at your wedding announcement at my parent's house and saw that you have a blog. Off and on I would try to see if you were connected to other people's blogs, but I hadn't found you so I was excited to see yours on the annoucement. Congratulations with everything. What an exciting time. I enjoyed reading the story of how you two met!

Jade said...

Yay for you and DJ. We tried to crash your wedding -- but our timing was just off. We did catch DJ on his way into the temple, though. He looked very handsome. And from the pictures we've seen obviously you looked gorgeous. Congrats, congrats, and enjoy the honeymoon years. They'll last as long as you want them to.

Samantha said...

OH Melissa it hurt my heart that I didn't get to see you at your wedding. I am so happy for you though and you look so beautiful and you look so so happy. And I'm happy you have a blog now so I can keep better tabs on you. Now we just need to convince Emily to start one.

Eyezick said...

I can't wait until your house destruction party.