Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Receptions are finished!!

After a month of wedding we are finally finished!! I have to admit I had a ton of fun planning my dream wedding and receptions with DJ and my mom, but with school and work, I'm ready for a break from planning. I can't complain though, both receptions were awesome! We called our receptions "Garden Dinner Parties" because we just wanted to plan a party and have fun.

In Moses Lake we had Shish-ka-bobs, rice salads, homemade rolls, watermelon, grapes, and the delicious Strawberry Cream Puffs made by Brother Anderson. Drex Palmer and Scott Carver were our amazing BBQers. Theresa ordered her husband a chef's hat and apron for the occasion.

The party lasted from 6 to 8:30 in Perrins backyard. It was a gorgeous Saturday, warm and sunny. I also got to see a lot of my favorite people I don't get to see enough. Tiffany and Cassidy were able to stop by, even if it was just for a moment. I love going home to Moses Lake.

Spokane's Reception was truly a miracle. The weather forecast was high of 92, thunderstorms in the evening. What does that mean, an extremely hot and humid day that ends with an extreme rainstorm, and that's exactly what happened. We held our reception at Plantes Ferry Park in Spokane Valley. We started setting up at 8am. It was extremely hot, but cloudy all day. As the time for the reception neared, we had a couple of raindrops, but nothing major. At 5:45, 15 minutes before our guests were to arrive the wind picked up and the rain drops became more frequent. Well, I always had faith that my Heavenly Father cared enough about my garden dinner party that he wouldn't let nature ruin it. So DJ and I said a quick prayer to stay the weather till we were done at the park. He did. And of course, it was more perfect then I could have expected. The clouds were perfect. The kept out the sun so our family pictures turned out perfectly. The few drops of rain cooled the temperature so DJ could wear his tux without being too hot. The weather was perfect and the food was amazing. We had hamburgers, sausages, hot dogs, pasta salads, watermelon, and strawberry sauce on bunt cake.

This is one of our shots, DJ is so handsome.
I'll post more shots when I get them, the photographer is making them all pretty. You can check out some of her stuff at http://www.flickr.com/photos/chelseakrieger/.

2 comments:

Child of God said...

They did go really well didn't they. Mom and Kim did an excellent job. And Linda decorated beautifully. By the way check out the bottom of your announcement... See anything missing? You may want to call me on that. Also, Chelsea said to tell you that she was amazed at how smoothly everything went. She thought the list idea was the best thing ever. She said its the most smooth a wedding has ever gone. Recommend her to all your friends. She is really good.

Anne said...

We had such a great time. You and DJ looked great! You picked a perfect park, and I didn't even see the river, either did my boys. I must say I wasn't much help with setting up, but I had a blast. My kids even enjoyed it and I did too. Do I have to say more? Although I was dissapointed to not see your house. We'll have to get that next time. Thanks for the great weekend. ps~I still have to give you a wedding present. (I'm still postpardom) (SP?)