Monday, October 27, 2008

Why I love Spokane....

So, I've decided to start a new series where I talk about why I love Spokane. I realized that this is the town where I fell in love with my husband, where we bought our first house, where I will raise my children, and where I will probably live for the rest of my life. So, I decided that I need to fall in love with Spokane. Every week or so I'm going to write about something I've found about Spokane that I think is so cool.

Riverfront Park is a place I almost always went when I would visit Spokane with friends.Here is a night when I went up to visit Brittany with Jennie Johnson. We decided to dress up goofy and walk around, guess? Ok you're right we went to Riverfront Park.

Here is Shane and I on a trip to Spokane. Good times.

This is where we host Walk With Me for Easter Seals. We use the pavilion in the background and offer free parking in that parking lot. Through Walk With Me I have gotten to meet some wonderful people around town. Riverfront Park is the perfect location for our walk.


This is the famous Clock Tower. Isn't that a beautiful sight? My work is very close to the park so I get to drive by it quite a bit. I love how calm the river looks and the contrast as the trees have begun to change colors. I got to walk through the park today as I have begun to map out the walk path for next year's Walk With Me. I wasn't completely satisfied with the route we took this year.
I wanted to add this picture because of the trickle of water. I'll make sure to compare this picture with a spring picture. The river goes from this peaceful stream to a raging river when the snow melts. Its really cool.

So one thing that is helping me fall in love with Spokane is Riverfront Park. It is beautiful and a place I look forward to making many more memories.

3 comments:

Tiffany Fackrell said...

I too LOVE riverfront park! everytime we drive through spokane I tell david we really need to make a trip to Riverfront Park!

Samantha said...

Great attitude Melissa! When I first moved to Vegas I had to list things off that I liked about it all the time in order to keep my sanity. Now I've been here almost 3 years and there are some things that I truely do love...okay some things that I truely do really like alot.

Amanda Impett said...

That's a positive way to look at it. I have been in Spokane my whole life and for a long time when I was in high school all I wanted to do was leave but God had other plans and now I'm glad it's starting to grow on me more and more and I'm starting to appreciate it more and the beautiful areas like Riverfront Park and Manito Park that Spokane has.