Monday, March 1, 2010

2 months

I took Christian in on Friday for his 2 month checkup.

Weight 11lbs 11oz - 50th percentile
Height 24 inches - 85th percentile

He is meeting all of his developmental milestones and doing really well. This past week he started jumping on my lap...time to get the jolly jumper going. He also discovered he can suck on his hands.

So DJ started Christian sleeping with us his second night on earth. DJ held him because he said he didn't sleep well in the bassinet. I swore I would never be one of those mom's who sleeps with their kids because I'm scared of it, but it ended up happening. Ever since that night I've been worried that I'd never get him out of our bed. This fear became even more evident when I tried to get him to sleep in his pack n play a month ago. It didn't work out because after a little crying DJ let me know he was too little to sleep on his own (noticing a pattern?) Two weeks ago I went to Babys R Us with Stacey. I found a sleep positioner. I got it to help him from sliding right next to me at night. Best purchase for sleep so far! He likes it so much he'll sleep in his own bed now. I am so thankful that transition went to smoothly.

2 comments:

Jade said...

I love when husbands are the "babies" when it comes to baby stuff. Most things Ben is right on the same page as I am with our parenting philosophies and "will dos" and "won't dos." But every once in a while ...

The Gang said...

My hubby is the wienie too! Glad you did it soon-the longer you wait the harder it is! Good Job!