Sunday, October 2, 2011

Conference!

I love conference Sundays. DJ worked last night so I set the DVR to record the sessions. My kids slept in till 9 which was a great way to start the day. Us three watched the first session together. Christian surprisingly played very quietly. He thought it was very interesting when I sang along to "We Thank Thee Oh God For the Prophet." I loved the general YW's presidents talk about raising daughters. After the first session was over the kids and I went for a good walk and then both the kids went down for naps. I waited to watch the second session till DJ got up. We both really liked the talk about missionary work and of course President Monson was so uplifting both sessions.

Something exciting for me was I cooked up some purple potatoes I got at the Farmer's market. They are so beautiful and taste almost like any other potato. I liked that they seemed to stay together rather then mush up like a russet or yukon will. I see them used all the time on Iron Chef and Chopped. I was so curious about them and happy I was able to find some here in Moses Lake!

Some kid updates. Christian has become a very obedient little boy. I'll admit that I was really worried about his ability to obey before and after Vienne was born. It seemed that he really did not want to listen when I told him no, so I stopped. I made a conscious effort to not use the word no with him for about a week. I saw on the Doctors that children will listen more quickly if you instruct them what to do, rather then what not to do. Duh, of course they would. It took a few weeks before I saw any progress. Like all lessons, it took a lot of practice and follow through to break the bad habits we both had and learn the better habits. Now to keep up with it!

Vienne amazes me at how observant she is and how much control she is gaining over her movements. Yesterday we were in Spokane for a wedding. I took my niece Isabelle with me so she could watch mine and my sister Stacey's kids. After the wedding we went to the mall where we also picked up some food. I had Vienne forward facing in the baby bjorn. She almost knocked a bowl off of the tray I was carrying because she was trying to grab it. She'll see Christian or I touch something and try to get it herself. She just wants to be able to move. Tomorrow we find out how big she has gotten over the past 2 months. Until then...

No comments: