Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Settling in

Christian and I are getting adjusted to life in Moses Lake. DJ is still in Spokane finishing up work. He will not be over till Saturday night. This past week has made me very grateful that I am not a single mother. I so look forward to DJ coming home each night. Each day while we're apart I have to find something else to look forward to. (Tonight it's Glee and Parenthood at my parent's.) The house is slowly coming together. Another reason I'm glad I'm not a single mother. I'd rather play with Christian then work on the house, so I'm working on balancing that as well. One of my favorite things about the Reisner house is that is has a lawn. I love taking care of a lawn. I'm pretty proud, the grass is already thicker. This brings us to some of the cutest pictures of Christian yet. I wanted to do some watering last night. It was also a very nice evening so I thought Christian might like some outside time. I was right. He has the cutest dimples.



I can't get over how quickly he is growing up. I'm including this next picture as a comparison to the Bath Time post.







And a picture of eating. Because he was cutting a tooth, we decided he could start cereal. He had his first cereal in a bowl on May 16th, 3 days shy of 5 months. He loves it. His second bottom tooth has broken through just a little. For the past couple of days he has biten me when I didn't let down fast enough for his liking. Wow that hurts. I'm giving him a few more days to figure out that that's not OK, or he's getting weaned. I don't want to experience that with larger teeth.



I also wanted to document that he's started to sleep in his crib all night. He's been getting up about 3 times a night to nurse. I'm sure his sleep with extend as he learns better how to soothe himself. I was taught the 5 minute rule from a bunch of people from my Spokane ward. You put baby down when they're drowsy to go to sleep. After 5 minutes you go in to soothe them, and then you leave. Then you wait 10 minutes before you go in the next time. Each time you add 5 minutes. The first night Christian got to 15 minutes and then he fell asleep when I went in to soothe him. He was also crying like Christian in Moulin Rouge when Satine dies. It is the most heart wrenching cry. Last night, however, he simply wimpered and fell asleep on his own during the 10 minute wait. He then slept for 4 hours! I am so grateful to be in a bigger home where he has his own room and is able to start learning to sleep on his own. This will be so much better for him and for me. Like my mom always says, growing is painful.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Melissa! First off your baby is adorable. He looks so lucious! And I can't believe you are back in moses. I am so jealous. (maybe if I lived there I'd stop dreaming about it every night.) where are you living??

Kevin and Eliza said...

What cute pictures. Your little boy is getting so big, and he does have such cute dimples. What beautiful lawn you have behind Christian. Congrats on getting settled.