Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Unbelievable

So when DJ and I got married, we pretty much decided to always live in Spokane. We really like it here. We have 4 full seasons, are close to the mountains, lakes, good camping, and because we live in North Spokane, we're about equal distances between both families. We love our ward, and have become really close with just about everyone. And since I was YW's president and DJ teaches primary, we've also had some pretty cool experiences helping reach out to some families. We also have this house of a project that seems to be never ending. We have a lot of reasons to stay in Spokane.

Its amazing how much control money takes. It decides what kind of clothes you wear, the car you drive, the places you eat, what trips you take. It is never a bad thing to have more money. Well DJ changed jobs last August to find something that brought him home every night. This was a good job, but not a great job, and definitely not a long term job. It pays the bills, but there is no room for advancement, no pay increases, and his schedule is very unpredictable. Well in February, Brittany just had to tell me how much Dee loves his job at REC. I was pretty blown away by what she told me, but she showed me proof. I then thought, HA! This is a ploy to get us to Moses Lake. Aint gonna happen.

I told DJ what she told me, he too was blown away. We thought about it, so the day Christian was blessed Brittany brought an application to REC that DJ filled out and she took it back with her. It was submitted the next Monday. Last week DJ interviewed with them and today he was offered a position there.

So guess what...we are moving to Moses Lake on Saturday! Crazy, I know. Who would have thought? Who wants to help!?

8 comments:

Amanda Impett said...

Best of luck and wishes to you both. It's amazing and interesting the paths we are led on sometimes.

Heslop Family said...

I'm so jealous!

Jenny Robbins said...

Wow! I'm glad he found a good job. It's bummer you have to leave Spokane, but at least you'll have your family really close.

Child of God said...

We'll be there just tell us the time. Also we would be glad to take those appliances off your hands.

The Gang said...

Ahh....they all come back some time or another. The mysterious pull of Moses Lake, Washington. No one will ever understand it.

HaightFamily said...

Oh my goodness! What a quick transition for you all! Sad that you won't be in Spokane when we move over there in June! My brother works at REC, maybe he and DJ will have same shift? Good luck on your new life in ML (again)!

Kevin and Eliza said...

Wow, that is crazy. Congratulations!!! I hope all goes well. I love Moses and wish we could move back there.

Jade said...

A friend of ours -- Luke P -- works there. I'm sure you'll meet him and his family. Good luck with everything! Crazy how we have NO control over our lives, right? :-)