Monday, July 14, 2008

I'm all alone...

For four days a week I am all alone. DJ has started working for a commercial roofing company and they have a contract to redo the roof of a prison in Shelton, WA (that's by Seattle). He leaves on Sunday with his brother and my brother in law Jeff. They come back Thursday night. I have a lot to do, so I won't be bored, but I'm already missing him and its just been one day. They'll be doing this job for five months, so if you're going to be in Spokane I'm up for any Monday and Tuesday nights.

4 comments:

Samantha said...

Melissa! My sister's used to always warn me that you get married so you can always be with that person, but once you get married, you never get to see them. I'm glad you have things to keep you busy.

Jandre said...

Oh! That's so sad!!! Newly married and he's gone on a job. I still miss my husband if I can't see him for more than one day and it's been 7 years for us! LOL

Kennedy said...

i totally understand and can relate. When Clinton got his new job he was gone for weeks at a time. The longest we were apart was 4 weeks.... it was horrible. I did all i could to not be home alone, nights where hard. It will go by fast. Hang in there!

Jess said...

Hang in there! It looks like you've got lots to keep you busy, so that's good. My advice is to go on trips with him now if or when you can because it's much harder to get away together once you have kids! I wish I would have realized that earlier! Cute wedding pics and good luck on the house too!